Thursday, 6 August 2026

It's my birthday

 Today we're off to Pickering to ride Tornado.  I can't wait as I absolutely adore steam trains. I'm really touched that my friend's daughter and son in law remembered my birthday and have both text me to wish me a happy birthday.  After my friend passed, Tom and Julie kind of adopted Tony and I.  My friend would be so pleased. There's not a day goes by that Tony and I don't think of Marian, and the loss of her doesn't get any easier.  

Yesterday our friends Brian and Brenda invited us over for a birthday meal. We had such a lovely time with them. Next week some other friends and I are going out for the day out to celebrate my birthday and that of another friend. I feel as though Tony and I have had a whole month of celebrations this year. It's exhausting in a lovely kind of way.



No comments:

Post a Comment