Tony and I have been away most weekends for what seems like ages now. We've been to some real lovely places and have several more booked for September. We're going out tomorrow night then things settle back down again for a little while. It's nice to get back to normal but it's made me rethink how I should keep the garden watered as we can't really leave it for more than a couple of days if it's really hot. I certainly don't mind only staying away for couple of days when it means I can eat lovely meals using veg straight from the garden. Tonight we had a chicken stir fry with noodles. The veg from the garden... courgettes, onions, chillis, mini peppers, chard, French beans and garlic. It's saving me an absolute fortune as we aren't visiting any supermarkets as often. Therefore we aren't being tempted by bargain prices on things we really don't need.

Oh how lovely. I love having a break - getting away from normal and seeing somewhere new.
ReplyDeleteWe're determined to see a different area of Britain every month. It's been lovely exploring places we've never been before.
Delete