Tuesday, 22 February 2022

What's for tea

 Today I'm cooking the second tray of chicken drumsticks that I bought the other day. I've taken the skin off them all and poured a jar of Patak's Balti sauce over them.  They've been divided them into two dishes so that I can freeze one for another day.  Tonight's chicken dinner is being served with some Jerusalem artichoke chips and a bit of stir fried white cabbage. There'll be plenty of chicken for tomorrow night and I'll probably serve it with a bit of plain boiled rice and some stir fried veggies.   



In one dish of chicken I poured a little bit of chicken gravy left from the other day and I scattered some left over sweetcorn onto it too. Once it's all cooked I'll pour off the sauce that it creates and freeze it for a curry base.  It'll be lovely cooked with loads of onions and butternut squash

After a dollop or two of chicken gravy and some sweetcorn

Jerusalem artichoke chips


6 comments:

  1. You are certainly getting your money's worth from the chicken. I love the idea of freezing any left over sauce, but there rarely is around here. I tend to serve curry with mash, and anything left over gets poured over the potato. The men insist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure I fancy curry with mash but I won't knock it till I try it.

      Delete
  2. Looks really nice. Seems like you've made something really tasty out of that bargain chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turned out really well and we thoroughly enjoyed some for tea last night

      Delete
  3. That looks really nice, my kids would go mad for that. I’m a veggie so I would probably have the chips on their own. We have sweet corn on everything over here it’s really Strange ! Keep safe and well.

    ReplyDelete