Tony and I are trying to economise on the fuel used for non essential car use so are intending to stay local for days out. This morning we've had a run to a local walled garden to see how it's coming along. We were delighted to run into a former work colleague of mine and had a good old catch up. Then we left the car in the carpark of the walled garden and walked round to the Kirkleatham museum to look at the exhibits there. We had to walk past this alms house complex and the architecture is absolutely stunning.
I think I may have visited here many years ago with our WI and the following is a link to exactly what the almshouses are for. It's a really interesting article and shows that right through history social care has existed
When we were in lockdown and could only travel locally it was amazing what we found on our doorstep!
ReplyDeleteIt's been a real eye opener at just how much is practically on our doorstep.
DeleteAlthough we've nothing as stunning as that here on our doorstep, we definitely get out and about locally too. That is a beautiful old building and I envy you the wonderful walled gardens we've seen in UK. Take care & hugs.
ReplyDeleteI love a walled garden. If only . . . :-)
ReplyDeletexx
That looks beautiful. There are so many wonderful places around. I hope they start getting the love after lockdown has made us look closer
ReplyDeleteLooks like a beautiful place to visit. I wish there were more places like that here. Sigh.
ReplyDelete