I've spent a thoroughly lovely morning working in the garden and potting on seedlings. Before we know it it's going to look like a bit of a jungle in here. In fact my friend referred to this corner as my jungle corner the other week.
The porch has now become the greenhouse all over again. Do you remember last year when I grew absolutely tons of cucumbers in there? This year I'm hoping to do the same but want to try growing aubergines in there too.
At the moment there's beetroot
We've just had a lovely fresh picked salad with feta cheese for lunch. The washing machine is whirring away and I think it's time for a coffee and a browse of tinterweb.
I'm itching to get the propagator out of the cellar but want to hang on until after our holibobs in the middle of March. I'm dead excited for that one as my friend from Kent has booked a night in a nearby hotel and we can have a really good catch up. It must be at least four years since we last saw each other although we do speak on the phone every Sunday afternoon.
Look at all those lovely houseplants! Jon's itching to start a few seeds. xxx
ReplyDeleteI'm desperate to make a start but will just have to hang on a bit.
DeleteSeeing all those plants reminds me of my late mother's windowsill which was, quite honestly, ridiculous. Those plants make a room live. Good luck with the aubergines
ReplyDeleteErmm... you think my plants ridiculous... Each to their own.
DeleteWow! Hope they survive while you are away. Take care & hugs.
ReplyDeleteWe'll only be away a few days. The plants will be fine.
DeleteHow nice. I hope you have a great time with your friend. Your plants look green and healthy.
ReplyDeleteThanks Stephenie. Nice to see you around again.
DeleteOh wow, they are certainly coming along! I have a brown thumb. I like plants, but I'm not good at growing them - or keeping them alive! I can get them to start growing like that but then I'm lost as to when to move them, what to do, how to stop from squishing them with water - see what I mean about the brown thumb?
ReplyDeleteGardening is something I've loved for most of my adult life.
DeleteI love your jungle corner Cherie. Oooh, I'm just itching to get sowing ! x
ReplyDelete