Monday, 7 February 2022

Bean sprouts

 I've decided to try my hand at sprouting beans and seeds to eat as sprouts in salads.  A few years ago I tried but forgot all about the poor little things and they ended up a slimy stinky mess in a jar.  This time I'm all prepared and ready to give it a go. I've watched a couple of videos and gathered the seeds and jars. For this experiment I'm trying  Mung beans, mustard seeds, cabbage seeds and radish seeds. All being well I should be eating sprouted seeds before the weekend arrives. They have to soak for between twelve and twenty four hours before I start the rinsing twice a day process and they are currently sitting in jars on a tray on the dining table where I can keep an eye on them. I'll let you know how I get on

Ready to be covered with a towel and start the sprouting process. Hopefully
we'll enjoy freshly sprouted seeds in our lunch before the end of the week.


5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It supposedly takes four days so it will be a nice addition to salads and quick to produce if it does work

      Delete
  2. So cool. I tried mung beans years ago but ended up with the slimy mess too. I shall be watching avidly :-D x

    ReplyDelete