Sunday, 6 February 2022

OOOPs I forgot

Tony and I have had a lovely weekend. Last night our friends came over for supper and a few drinks and this afternoon we are going to Alexander's for tea. And herein lies the rub.... I completely forgot that I said I would bring dessert.  I've just cobbled together a quick microwave sponge cake, smothered it in strawberry jam and whipped cream. I dusted the plate with icing sugar and must admit it looks far nicer than the photo.  I did have a bit of a struggle prizing it out of the bowl though but a good layer of whipped cream hides a multitude of sins  :-)


And it's a lot bigger than it looks..



6 comments:

  1. Microwave sponges rock! I bet it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll done- ingenious. I'd have likely made brownies from a mix, lazy me, and say I intentionally wanted to serve warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for pulling something together so quickly! I would have been tempted to pop out and buy something ready-made lol

    ReplyDelete