Wednesday, 11 December 2019

The Christmas packed lunches

Around this time of year I begin to Christmasify Tony's packed lunch tin. He looks forward to it every year and did make me smile the other day when he asked when I planned to make a start.  It starts with a bauble or two and over the next two weeks builds up to a full blown tinsellified Christmasified treat complete with tiny tree and a diddy Santa..
While I was waiting for him to pick me up from work yesterday I spent some time on Pinterest... oh those lovely Christmas edible ideas.... Soooooooo, today he  has a box of cheese and cucumber sandwiches in the shape of Christmas stockings, bells, snowmen and stars. I am quite annoyed with myself though because a couple of weeks ago I sent a huge box of plastic cutters to the charity shop.  I should have picked out a few that I might have used and just sent the rest.  Blimmin typical really. I keep something for years but the minute I let go I discover a use for it. They were large cutters and would have made perfect sized sandwiches.  The ones Tony has taken today are probably more snack size... He won't mind, I made plenty.

8 comments:

  1. You know what, Cherie, I'm loving reading about your Christmassy exploits every, they never fail to make me smile (and I need that at the minute). So thank you. I love the idea of giving the OH a surprise Christmas packed lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you Sooze. Glad I can make you smile. I feel so sad reading how unwell you have been. x
      ps... wait till you see what I do to the car at the weekend...:-)

      Delete
  2. What a lovely idea. I so like that!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait till you see the Christmasified car at the weekend..:-)

      Delete
  3. I think it's lovely that Tony looks forward to his Christmas packed lunches.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tony is every bit as barking mad as I am Sheila :-)

      Delete
  4. Oh well. You are so creative, I am sure you are making him all kinds of festive treats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful. You totally amaze me with all you do as well as working!
    You must have a lot of energy.

    ReplyDelete