The other day at 07.45 the local parcel post delivered a brown paper, wrapped parcel. It was addressed to both Tony and me and I was totally mystified as to who might have sent it and what it might be. I took the brown paper off and discovered a present wrapped in Christmas paper with a little gift tag from a lady called Sandy. Sandy and I met on a forum a couple of years ago and she is the lady who ordered the Airedale Terrier which you will see on the side bar of this blog. We have never actually met in person but I have made some wonderful online friends over the years. We might never ever meet but I still consider my blogging buddies to be friends. Sandy's blog name was Froggylady which she chose as she collects frogs. While shopping online last year I spotted some really pretty frog brooches. I immediately thought of Sandy so I chose three different ones and sent them off to her as a surprise. Thankfully she was delighted with them. We only stay in touch a couple of times each year so it was a complete surprise when the parcel arrived. I don't know if you read my blog Sandy but if you do I want to say a very big thank you. I had originally put the parcel under the tree for Christmas but Sandy said I might like to open it early. It contained a beautiful glass cake stand. I am sure that you all know how much I love pretty china and it will be put to very good use...
What a lovely gift, Cherie, I'd be delighted with it, it's just my colours. Bloggers are so kind and thoughtful, aren't they? (you included). Some of my closest friends are people I met on forums and have met up with in real life, my best buddy being one of them.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful.
ReplyDeleteSimply beautiful and such a lovely act of kindness.
ReplyDeletexx
So kind of her, and what a lovely surprise for you two!
ReplyDeleteWow, that's gorgeous! I'm sure you will put it to good use. You are such an excellent baker.
ReplyDeleteThat's a lovely gift to receive in the post. Lucky you! What a kind heart your friend has to send it to you. Meg:)
ReplyDelete