Saturday, 3 October 2026

Off to a ceilidh tonight

 Last night we danced our legs off at our country dancing group and we'll be doing the same thing tonight at the ceilidh. Pizza is included in the ticket price of £5 and it's almost an eat all you can night as the church order in so many lovely fresh cooked pizzas from a local takeaway. This particular ceilidh is one of our absolute favourites and it's a pity that they only run them twice a year. We've made so many friends at the various ceilidhs that we attend and they're so much fun. We've had a light lunch of homegrown salad with sauerkraut and Double Gloucester cheese.  I grated a pear into the salad and it was so tasty.  Definitely something I'll add again. We're picking apples and pears every day at the moment and I'm fermenting them for the winter.  I've got so many jars packed with produce from the garden and it's saving us an absolute fortune.




No comments:

Post a Comment