I've been busy adding more jars of goodies to my fermenting tray. Apparently grapes can be fermented and they taste a bit like olives. I picked a bunch off our vine and set them off fermenting. I'll let you know how they taste and whether I'll do some more.. They might be utterly delicious. And then again they might not. There's plenty more bunches of grapes on the vine so I can afford to experiment with some. I've set some jars of apple slices on the tray so that they can become apple vinegar and I've set some off fermenting. I'm going to be so filled with probiotics I'll positively fizz. 😃

You'll be needing a bigger pantry! X
ReplyDeleteI'll put another shelf in the garage. It gets very cold in there during the winter
DeleteMy Dad was a great at canning. He called it "putting up".A neighbor built him a special cabinet with pull out drawers that would hold as many as 7 quart drawers deep. It was tall, seems like at least 4 of those pull out drawers.He always filled it up.Sure do miss him. You will be so healthy with your "put up" food.!
ReplyDeleteIf I had spare room in the garage I'd buy an old wooden wardrobe from a charity shop and turn it into a pantry.
DeleteOh wow - you'll have lots to keep you going through the long winter!
ReplyDelete