Wednesday, 23 September 2026

Lacto fermenting

 I've had a busy morning preserving some of my recent harvests again.  There's a huge pan of pasta sauce which I'll leave overnight to develop flavour.  Then I'll bag it up and freeze it. There's several big 2l jars of lacto fermented tomatoes. A jar of fermented hot sauce and a jar of fermented apples and pears. I've really had a good think about what I plan to grow  next year as I have given absolutely tons of produce away. I'll grow more carrots and onions are far less tomatoes and courgettes 




2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of fermenting pears and fruit. I've only ever really thought about it for cabbage, but it must be good for you. I can't wait for you to tell us how they turn out.

    Thank you again for your support with the writing. It means a great deal to me and I feel completely hugged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fermented fruit is amazing. It's kind of slightly vinegary and almost fizzy. If you like sauerkraut then I think you'd probably enjoy the fruit. I'll be making a lot more this year as I've got so many apples and pears.

      Delete