Monday, 24 August 2026

We've bought another car

 Yesterday Tony and I wandered around a few car showroom forecourts looking at different cars.  We spotted a couple that we liked the look of and today we popped back for a test drive. Tony really liked a Kia Sportage and after a quick test drive he decided that it was the one he wanted.  I'm not sure when he'll pick it up but he's like a dog with two tails. 

This morning I walked with my group of friends and we had brunch at the home of one of our group. I don't think I'll eat for a week after the amount Ann had prepared for us all. I've been prepping for a couple of friends coming for lunch tomorrow. We're planning on playing Rumikub before lunch and cribbage after lunch. I'm loving retirement. 

8 comments:

  1. It's great that you've found another car you're happy with, must be a relief. Retirement, meaning you can do what you like, when you like, is fantastic isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're definitely enjoying being retired. Thankfully we're reasonably fit and healthy

      Delete
  2. We like Kia cars and have a 'Niro' ourselves. Enjoy your new car when it arrives both of you.
    It sounds like retirement is suiting you very well, Cherie.😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's picking it up on Saturday. We're absolutely loving retirement.

      Delete
  3. I like that expression " like a dog with two tails". We use a lot of English expressions but I can't say I've heard that one here! It's a good one.Enjoy your new car in your happy retirement. My joke is that I am not retired, just tired! And I re-tire myself every day. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just think how lovely retirement will be when you eventually reach thst age.

      Delete
  4. When I was talking with the garage about cars, they said that they never saw Kia or Hyundai cars coming with problems, just the normal wear and tear, and recommended that I get something like that.

    ReplyDelete