Monday, 10 August 2026

Quiche with potato crust

 I've just made the most utterly delicious quiche using  left over mashed potato instead of pastry for the crust.  It turned out absolutely flipping gorgeous. I started out by squishing left over mashed potato into a very well buttered pie dish. Bake for twenty minutes at about 180.


Then I scattered grated cheese all over the cooked base


I filled up the pie dish with a mix of cooked sausages, cooked bacon and fried onions 


Then I wisked five eggs with a good slug of milk and seasoned it well with plenty of salt and pepper


 I scattered a good handful of grated cheese over the top. Popped it into a 180 oven for about twenty minutes. And it came out looking like this


Then of course came the test.  Would it release from the dish like a proper quiche?



It most certainly did and all it needed was a handful of fresh picked tomatoes as it was very filling. The possibilities are endless for fillings.  

2 comments:

  1. Swapping traditional pastry for leftover mashed potatoes genius move! Sausage, bacon, gooey cheese fillings make my mouth water instantly. Pairing slices with freshly picked garden tomatoes completes the dish. You must slice me a piece right now.

    ReplyDelete