Monday, 10 August 2026

Booked a short break in Doncaster

 Yesterday while speaking to my friend Debs on the phone she asked whether Tony and I would fancy meeting up in York in October. They live in Kent and have booked a week in Doncaster. I've done better than that. I booked a couple of days in Doncaster. They're travelling up by train to their hotel and I've booked a lovely hotel about 15 minutes walking distance from them. We've arranged to pick them up and drive over to York for the day. It saves them having to get the train from Doncaster into York. It'll be lovely to spend the day with them. I'd only an hour before said to Tony that we need to look for somewhere to visit in October.  Isn't coincidence a strange thing. We've got two mini breaks booked for September and hope to stay somewhere in December close to a theatre.  We fancy seeing a show. If you've any suggestions for places worth visiting please let me know. Next year we're planning to go away for a couple of days every month. I can't leave the garden for much longer than that unless it's raining. And wandering around in the rain isn't very appealing.



No comments:

Post a Comment