I've been getting the urge to craft again lately. Yesterday I used some of my dies to cut the components for a couple of fuchsia flowers. I rubbed baby oil onto the flower parts after I'd cut them out. Needless to say I didn't use new paper but chose to use the envelopes that my birthday cards came in. I had to wait for the baby oil to dry and the flowers are now all put together and drying. I'll take a photo later today and show how they look. The baby oil is great for darkening the coloured paper. It turns the white inside the envelopes to a pale version of the facing colour. Very useful as I don't have any dark green paper
While I'm sitting here a road sweeping machine has just gone past. It's clearing all the gutters. I can't remember the last time I saw one of these. Everywhere we go these days the gutters are filled with grass and weeds. People don't take pride in their neighbourhood any more. Tony and I clean the gutter in front of our house and the chap down the road does the same. We each take turns to do the gutter in between our house and his. About four houses in total. If everyone that was able to did a little bit to keep their area tidy it would look so much nicer. And if people with drives actually put their cars on them the road would look so much more inviting.

No comments:
Post a Comment