Wednesday, 19 August 2026

Fresh from my garden

 It won't be long before summer is a distant memory and we're complaining about the cold will it? I'm making the most of my harvests while they're abundant.  I took a lovely selection of veggies to one of the (older*) men at my carving club last night. It's lovely having plenty to share and Jim does so much for his sisters. He's been quite poorly and not felt inclined to grow much this year so I'm trying to take a little something for him each week. I hesitate to say old these days because I'm not getting any younger.* 

I've just been out and picked this lovely little selection of flowers and vegetables. The posy of sweet peas and roses are filling my kitchen with a beautiful scent.

There's two types of cucumber, a Rondo de Nice courgette,  a medley of tomatoes and a little handful of French beans.



No comments:

Post a Comment