Thursday, 30 July 2026

All home grown and utterly delicious

  Both lunch and tea were from the garden today. Lunch was a gorgeous, open cheesy sandwich with fresh salad veggies. It means that instead of the usual two slice sandwich I've cut the carbs and piled the veggies high. It was definitely a knife and fork sandwich 



And our tea tonight was so simple but so tasty. It's just potatoes,courgettes and tomatoes built up in layers. I started with a layer of potatoes then plenty of Red Leicester cheese between each layer of veg. I finished off with another layer of potato and grated plenty of cheese on top. Cooked at 190 for forty minutes. It was so easy to put together and packed with flavour. 


My mini oven is an absolute godsend lately. I can't remember the last time I used the main oven.                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment