This poor little dahlia was suffering from lack of care on the shelf in Aldi yesterday. When I got it to the checkout the lady knocked 30% off. All it needed was a good drink and a bit of tlc. It'll be really pretty once it gets established in the garden
I think I'll be cutting my neighbours hedge once the forecasted thunder storm passes. She plied me with wine last night and I am a sucker for a sob story. She is struggling to keep on top of things and I felt sorry for her. Daft thing is, I'll thoroughly enjoy doing it. I can't understand how people don't enjoy taking care of their homes and gardens but I do understand how easy it is to become overwhelmed and not know where to begin.

There are a lot of plants like that on a trolley outside our Aldi. I can't see the point of them stocking up, only to let them all die of thirst. We had rain this morning, but now the sun is back. Have a good weekend.
ReplyDeleteIt's a crying shame to see them so neglected. We had quite dramatic thunder and lightning yesterday morning then again last night. The garden loved it.
DeleteWhat a pretty dahlia, if anyone can bring it back to life, it's you, Cherie xx
ReplyDeleteI'll do my best ๐ ๐
DeleteI've spent the morning with daughter in her garden, she is learning how to care for it,
ReplyDeleteIt's nice that she is interested.
DeleteAldi don't take very good care of their plants, if you get to them just as they've been put out they are normally ok, but at least you got money off. Xx
ReplyDeleteI wasn't expecting money off, I simply wanted to rescue the poor little thing. It looks much better already
DeleteHopefully it will recover. I'm sure under your green thumbs it will be fine!
ReplyDeleteIt's got two choices... live or die ๐
DeleteA lovely dahlia. I'm sure it will recover under your care and will reward you with more flowers.
ReplyDeleteYou are so kind to helping your neighbour with the hedge. I'm sure she appreciated all your efforts. Take care and have a lovely weekend.
It didn't happen. We had dramatic thunder and lightning so we'll have to reschedule.
DeleteI'm sure you will find a better time to do the job. No rain here yet or thunder/lightning shows either.
DeleteI love that you're helping her. Yes, sometimes just a little step from someone else, helps a great deal.
ReplyDeleteI know how it feels to become overwhelmed..
DeleteWell done on reviving the dahlia. With my gardening skills I would have probably finished it off. X
ReplyDelete