I always like to give credit where it's due and last year after watching this video Grow BIG, Beautiful Monstera! | Swiss Cheese Plant Care Tips & Tricks - YouTube I took a cutting from my cheese plant. I simply stuck it into a big vase of water and enjoyed the leaf in a vase while it rooted.
Look at it now
So yesterday I took three more cuttings and popped them into a vase of water. As soon as they have decent roots I'll pot them on into nice big pots ready to sell at the car boot in the summer.
And this sweet little tree is one of three that I grew from avocado pits. The other two are on the bedroom windowsill but once they are potted on I think they are likely to be too big for the windowsill by the end of this year. They may have to take their chances in the conservatory covered with a fleece blanket on really cold nights. I don't imagine for one minute that I'll be able to grow avocados but I can dream.
I've got one really good root growth from I think a pothos that will be replanted once it is spring and i can do the messy job outside. I'd love a Swiss Cheese plant-so full and pretty
ReplyDeleteThe one in our bedroom is getting quite big now. It looks beautiful.
DeleteLooking at your results, I think you could grow just about anything
ReplyDeleteD'ya think I should plant a lolly stick and see if I can grow a lollipop tree :-)
DeleteWell done with your cuttings. I've not grown an avocado from its seed for many years, even though I buy them on a regular basis. They wouldn't survive this far south in Australia & fruit, but they do grown them in Queensland. Take care & hugs.
ReplyDeleteI'm loving experimenting growing unusual things.
DeleteWow you are so good at the gardening stuff. I killed the cuttings my daughter gave me. Sigh.
ReplyDeleteMine always get two choices... live or die. :-)
DeleteAmazing cuttings - I have a cheese plant - called Gert - that is 15 years old and would love to take some cuttings but am a bit scared she will sulk. Whereabouts did you take yours from ??
ReplyDeleteI cut just below a joint and simply dropped the cuttings into a big vase of water. They make quite an impressive display while they take root.
DeleteThank you Cherie - I might just give that a try :-D x
Delete