Friday, 4 February 2022

Poor Alexander and Beckah

 The girl buying Alexander and Beckah's house has pulled out.  She feels that she wants to move back in with her parents for a year or two.  That's fine as they'd accepted an offer from her which was way below the market value of the house. They've now put it on the market with an estate agent but I had to laugh at the description... It says 'Generous garden'.... it isn't by our standards but apparently it is by modern day standards.  I've no idea  where they have hidden all their junk and four cats.. :-) If anyone's planning on a relocation up north then I can highly recommend the house.  It's really warm and cosy and close to so many nice places.  The scenery is stunning and the house is a bargain in a very well desired area.  The comparison of prices between the north and south is crazy though.  This lovely little house would cost heckuva  lot more down south.

3 bedroom semi-detached house for sale in Field Fare Gardens, Guisborough, TS14 (rightmove.co.uk)


5 comments:

  1. Oh no! So sorry! The person who was buying Mum's flat ended up not being able to either. Here's to both of us getting a sale. I want it to be done so that my poor sister doesn't have to keep going to Mum's. It's really tough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame but they might be the gainers in the long run. Wishing them a speedy buyer.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a set back. They say that moving house is up there with Death and Divorce when it comes to stress. Hopefully they won't have to wait long to get a sale, the market is crazy at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the music room Cherie. Looks a lovely house. I remember when the Estate Agent took pictures of my old one, I didn't recognize it (I had removed all the junk and done all those annoying little DIY jobs that I'd been putting off for years!!!) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. First time buyers are pretty lucky with those prices! Here in Surrey my daughter and son in laws 1 bed maisonette sold for £245,000 last year. Bought a 2 bed mid terrace for 315,000!

    ReplyDelete