I'm already doing well for freebies this year. So far I've been given a gorgeous smelling shower gel set, a clear acrylic facemask (in case I had any students that needed to lip read during the exam invigilation), three huge sheets of twin wall plastic thingy stuff (to make cold frames) and yesterday my friend gave me these. She tends to give me all the scented things that people buy her as her partner doesn't like the smell of scented things.. I've had some gorgeous candles in the past from her.
In return I gave her a wooden heart. She makes costumes for the local Amdram group and they needed a wooden heart. I was going to cut one on my bandsaw but found one in my stash that was the perfect size. We've agreed that between us we probably have everything we need for any crafting situation. It's handy having like minded friends. Now I need to get to know some plumbers and other handy people for a trade swap session. It would be a handy way to get jobs done without money changing hands.
I'm off to the dentist just after lunch so it's a bit of a hanging around kind of morning. I much prefer to go first thing but now that I don't need to go out to work I leave these appointments for people that do. It would be a little unfair if I take an early slot these days when I have all the time in the world.
I agree about taking the middle appointments. Those handcreams look gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteThey smell lovely too. I feel very lucky to have such a generous friend.
DeleteAnd I think that things get given to open handed people. I think that the more that you give, the more you get.
ReplyDeleteThat is so very true. x
DeleteI think it's nicer to be given things than presents sometimes. Arilx
ReplyDeleteHope the dentist went well. It's always good when you can trade one thing for another. No one has to spend any money and everyone gets something they want!
ReplyDelete