Tuesday, 1 February 2022

Oh dear ... not a good look.

 I've just been to the dentist for my annual checkup and was complimented on the health of my teeth. They were going to make an appointment for six months but I said I would continue with the yearly ones as luckily I have no bother with my teeth. I popped into a little local bric-a-brac shop and bought a trinket for Tony for Valentines day and a little gift for a friend. They are allowed spends as they aren't for me and my friend has given me a lot of really nice stuff these past few years. I was absolutely blown there and back and got the shock of my life when I looked in the mirror.  My hair was practically stood on end and bore a remarkable resemblance to a loo brush. I'm only hoping it didn't look quite that bad at the dentists.  Now I know why ladies of my mothers generation wore headscarves. It would be very useful to see that fashion resurrected. I'm still wearing the face mask when I go out and will for the foreseeable future or at least until it's clear that cases don't rise too much now that the restrictions have been lifted. 

11 comments:

  1. Your comparison of your hair to a "loo brush" has really made me smile LOL!! How lucky you are to have such healthy teeth. Very like my Sr P ;lucky with his teeth,weight and general health. He never has to go on a diet...sigh! Glad to hear you continue to wear your mask! I personally think it is far too early to do away with the mask in UK and any other country at present. I have asked my sister in Devon to please continue wearing it! It is too much of a risk still. Take care. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The loo brush is a flattering picture. I looked a terrible sight. Small children would have run away screaming :-)

      Delete
  2. I live with hat hair in the winter as I have to have my ears covered with the cold. I think you should start the head scarves coming back. They were classic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh at the hair/loo brush thing. Once or twice I've gone out in the morning without even thinking to brush my hair at all.....and husband hasn't said a word (being a man, he clearly didn't even notice). I was mortified when we arrived home and I caught sight of myself in the hall mirror. Pity I didn't look before I went out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully I was ok before I set off...I checked ;-)

      Delete
  4. I need to get a headscarf - that's inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laughed at your hair looking like a loo brush, though I wonder what you'd have thought of mine the other day after picking blueberries in the wind & trying to get them from the centre of our very large bushes. I looked like I'd been dragged through a hedge backwards, as I would put it. We still wear masks when out in shops etc., but take one with us on our local walks around the neighbourhood in case we need it. As it's been so hot, they really make it unpleasant on a brisk walk & we don't meet too many people most days. I've still got a couple of scarves from my youth that we used to wear in the wind during the 50/60s.(giggle). Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the dentist went well. Loo brush hair - must have been really windy lol. I've been wearing my mask. I do what's comfortable for me. There seem to be more people wearing them lately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did make me laugh Cherie, though I wear the loo brush look quite often these days :) Still wearing our masks out. Congratulations on the dentist's visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been so windy, hasn't it? A head scarf sounds a good idea.
    xx

    ReplyDelete