Friday, 28 January 2022

Lamb Rogan Josh for tea

I've had a lovely afternoon playing whist and I was loaned a Bette Midler video  'Gypsy'.  We'll be curled up on the sofa watching that this evening. Blimey hasn't the temperature dropped today, it's flipping freezing out tonight  and I'm glad to be home. We're in the mood for a curry  and the lamb Rogan josh that I froze last week will hit the spot nicely. I've currently got some fragrant basmati rice flavoured with cardamom simmering on the hob and there's a bottle of Lambrini in the fridge... The Lambrini is carb free to so gawd knows how they make it but I'll enjoy it.  Alexander has been on the phone all excited about the house move. He started his new job this week and is loving it, It'll only take him twelve minutes to drive to work when he moves over near us. It currently takes him twenty five which isn't a lot really but twelve is even better.  

8 comments:

  1. What a lot of good news today! The curry sounds really scrummy!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was absolutely delicious and hit the spot nicely.

      Delete
  2. Good news and great sounding food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so pleased for him as he has worked and studied so hard to make a good life for himself and now his wife.

      Delete
  3. Good to hear that the boy is excited to be nearer home & his job. Not cool here even with our storms and rain, just plain sticky & draining. Take care, stay warm & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel for you as I know we can wrap up against the cold but heat is so draining and inescapable. And yet I do long for summer with it's warmth and energy.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a lovely way to spend the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fab that Alexander will be closer. Every day I am in the mood for curry, yum! :)

    ReplyDelete