I've made an early start sowing seeds this morning and it's quite exciting to think that before long the porch and conservatory will be fill with lovely fresh food producing plants.
Last year I decided to use my beautiful sequined notebook as a gardening journal. I made a note of what I sowed and how long it took to germinate and I'm doing the same this year. I've drawn a chart and made a note of what I've sowed but this year I am going to weigh the crops every time I harvest any. It'll be interesting to see how much I can produce from my back garden.
My house plants are coming along a treat and I have loads of spider plants dotted all over the house. They are big healthy plants and it does me good to think they are drawing all the nasty stuff out of the air.
Then I thought you might like to see how our entrance hall looks without Christmas decorations. We don't use the front door so it's making great use of a the large hallway
Alexander will be getting his train back as soon as he moves and I'll be able to grow more plants in the hallway.
I love seeing all your plants. DH managed to kill a spider plant. I'm cossetting another couple. I fail at gardening in any shape, so love seeing others.
ReplyDeleteMy great aunts used to keep a record of what they sowed, how much they harvested (weighed to the half ounce), what they spent on any fertiliser etc. One of them, the really scary one, used to keep the books for a firm and I think she missed the numbers. Your way seems a great way of picking up what works and what doesn't.
I kept up the record of growing last year and will do the same again this year.
DeleteI love your spider plants, something I've not grown in a long while & yours are making me smile. I quite often keep some notes on my produce endeavours, but seem to have slipped of late, except for weighing blueberries. We picked 32kgs last season & are not far off that again, though the extreme hot weather this January is hampering my harvesting regime. I also lost some time due to our short holiday & got back to find seeds I planted just didn't germinate, but hopefully I'll have a bit more motivation this year once it cools. Well done, take care & hugs.
ReplyDeleteThat's heckuva lot of blueberries. How many plants do you have?
Delete2 bushes we inherited with the house when we bought, but believe they were planted around 2003. We moved here in 2015 & only ever give them a very light prune, though this year they need a bit more as I can hardly between them or the fence anymore. We do have quite acid soil in this area and before it was cut up good dairy country & still have cows, apples and lots of other agricultural endeavours in the area.
DeleteHow lovely all your plants look. I am terrible growing anything - indoor or out. It sounds like a good thing to keep track of everything. I'm not sure if I'm going to try growing anything this year or maybe give the plants a break lol
ReplyDeleteI've got better over the years.
DeleteCherie, your disco diary is perfect. Great to see spider plants taking over. I have two taken from plantlets from the library, but now I feel like I need more! x
ReplyDeleteThat description of my journal is perfect. Drop me an email with your address or leave it as a comment which I won't publish. I've gazillions of seeds I can send you
DeleteYour plants look so healthy. Such a green thumb you have...I am picking lots of California citrus right now. It's delicious and colorful.
ReplyDelete