While cleaning the bedroom this morning I thought I'd do a covid test just to be sure my cold isn't anything more than that. IT BLIMMIN WELL IS. I've tested positive for covid and now have to isolate. I've got a bit of a headache and a runny nose kind of cold but other than that I feel ok. No worse than any other cold I have ever had. Thank goodness I'm fully jabbed though cos I dread to think how I would have been affected. I've rung around anyone I have had contact with to make sure they test themselves but feel a total pariah. It's not a nice feeling to think I may have unwittingly passed it on.
I hope you are experiencing the worst of it with your cold and headache. I can't keep track of the recommendations after testing or after exposure. I think when positive, it's supposed to be 11 days form the date of symptoms since it takes several days for symptoms to often develop, but of course, go with what your official sources say.
ReplyDeleteMy coughs a bit worse but I don't feel poorly. Thank goodness I'm fully jabed..
DeleteO bless you babe.
ReplyDeleteHopefully because you have been vaccinated and boosted you will be ok.
Thinking of you
Love
ftm
Thanks you. x
DeleteVery sorry to hear that Cherie! My nephew has tested positive too and it was passed on to him by his son (11yrs old) which meant all the family has had to get tested my SIL too. Good job we haven't been in contact with them over the last two weeks.He is in quarantine of course and bored stiff as he says he feels fine and like yourself a bit of a cold that's all. You aint going to pop your clogs gal 'cos you have had your jabs! It is the ones who haven't been vaccinated who have to really worry if they get it. Take care now! Chat again soon! Amanda xx
ReplyDeleteI'll get plenty of crafting done in the next 11 days. x
DeleteHugs, I hope that you feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteThank you. x
DeleteOh no Cherie, I hope you continue to have only mild symptoms and test negative again very soon. I don't understand the isolation rules, they seem to be very confusing. xx
ReplyDeleteI got quite a shock when the flashing app on m phone has a count down for 11 days. I thought it was 7.
DeleteOh, dear, what a pain for you. I hope that's the worst you will feel and I agree, thank goodness for vaccines and boosters.
ReplyDeleteI found this.
"How long you need to self-isolate
If you test positive, your self-isolation period includes the day your symptoms started (or the day you had the test, if you do not have symptoms) and the next 10 full days.
If you get symptoms while you're self-isolating, the 10 days restarts from the day after your symptoms started.
When to stop self-isolating
You can stop self-isolating after 7 days if you do a rapid lateral flow test on days 6 and 7 of your self-isolation period and:
both tests are negative
you did both tests at least 24 hours apart
you do not have a high temperature
If you do a rapid lateral flow test on day 6 and test positive, wait 24 hours before you do the next test.
If you stop self-isolating on or after day 7, it's important that you take steps to reduce the chance of passing COVID-19 to others. This means you should:
work from home if you can
wear a face covering in shops, on public transport and when it's hard to stay away from other people – particularly indoors, in crowded places or where there is not much fresh air
limit contact with people at higher risk of serious illness from COVID-19
follow advice on how to avoid catching and spreading COVID-19
You can stop self-isolating after the 10 days if either:
you do not have any symptoms
you just have a cough or changes to your sense of smell or taste – these can last for weeks after the infection has gone
When to keep self-isolating after 10 days
If you have a high temperature after the 10 days, or are feeling unwell, keep self-isolating and seek medical advice."
Here's where I found it.
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-and-treatment/how-long-to-self-isolate/
I had to click through quite a lot of links, it wasn't obvious.
Hope it helps. xx
Thanks Joy. I don't mind too much self isolating and will just have to take my exercise around the house or garden.
DeleteYes - and it does say you can stop isolating after seven days and two negative lateral flow tests so that's good.
Deletexx
Oh no Cherie, the dreaded double lines. Hope you feel better soon. You're simply not allowed to pop your clogs! (My work colleagues roll their eyes at me because I am always leaving 'in case I should be hit by a double decker bus' notes to them) xXx
ReplyDeleteI used to write my lesson plans like that. I used to say anyone could pick up a plan I wrote and taught the class even if they had no knowledge of the subject.
DeleteSorry to hear that. You don't have to isolate for 10 days if you meet certain criteria with using lateral flow tests. This is the relevant info from the govt regs https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-and-treatment/how-long-to-self-isolate/ Arilx
ReplyDeleteCan't get a local PCR as none available. I've sent off for a postal one and keeping everything crossed that it arrives in the next two days or I'll have to do the full 11 in solitary confinement.
DeleteHope you feel better soon.What a nuisance.
ReplyDeleteBarbarax
Thanks Barbara. Still just feel as though it's a cold. x
DeleteYou're in good company - five of our friends have tested positive, too. All have just got mild cold symptoms and are feeling fine - including my friend's 81 year old mum, hope its the same for you. xxxx
ReplyDeleteI've just had hot whisky and lemonade... It might not cure anything but I certainly feel lovely and warm :-)
DeleteHot whisky and lemonade is the perfect medicinal treatment. Any fule kno that! :-) xx
DeleteIt's Tony's good whisky too... :-)
DeleteEven better! :-) xx
DeleteOMG! Hope you'll be fine soon & I'll admit that a lot of our family in UK have had mild versions of it over the last 2 years, but here in Oz, family members have only been close contacts or somewhere there has been a case & had to get tested & isolate till a negative result came back. It is running rampant again over here so have to be very careful. The RAT's are also super expensive & costing up to $60 in some places, but now in extreme short supply. Please take care, stay safe & hugs.
ReplyDeleteThanks Susan. I'm hoping it stays mild and I'll be okay by the end of my isolation period.xx
DeleteSending hugs your way! Take care of yourself. I'll be thinking of you and sending postive vibes your way! It's tough to know, isn't it? I was feeling unwell, took a test and luckily it was negative, same with son-in-law.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sharon. Thankfully I can rest if I need to. I might even finish knitting the socks I started last year.
DeleteWow. I'm glad to hear that your case is very mild. I wonder how many other people who think they have a cold have Covid?
ReplyDelete