Tony's gone back to work this morning and I am already back into some sort of normality. I was up at 06:30 and started my day by moving all the plants off the bedroom windowsill and bringing them back downstairs. I had to use the window vac to dry the condensation on the windows as they were wringing wet. Wiping down the windows is a daily occurrence when the weather is cold as we can't stand the house too warm. We keep it around 11 or 12 degrees at most through the night and around 17 through the day. Most people shudder at the thought of such low temperatures but we are used to it and feel quite ill if it gets much warmer than that. I suffer terribly through the night in the summer months as the heat really gets to me. If I have time, I'll pop back later and share of few photos of the house. My bedroom no longer looks like a garden centre though the spare room hasn't been touched yet.
I'm just starting to sort mine out. As it progresses, I feel less and less sad. :-)
ReplyDeletexx
I'm glad to see it all clean and tidy in the living room now.
DeleteIt's funny how people are different. I would collapse if it was that cold. Mind you, I'm turning down the heating and layering up the sweaters!
ReplyDeleteI'd be passing out if it was much warmer. :-)
DeleteSo now, I'm reading backwards. You've got me beat for temperatures, but I turn it lower than many as well.
ReplyDeleteI think it runs in my family as Alexander can't stand the house to be too hot either. Beckah on the other hand is always cold..
DeleteI'm a 20 C girl. It is almost as if I were not born in the north at all!
ReplyDeleteA window vac....that sounds amazing. Better than a damp sponge and moldy bucket x
I'd faint in 20c heat. I'm a softy :-)
DeleteI must admit I like it warmer than that. I think I have it about 20C in the day. It gets so dull and really, really cold here. I do bundle up but I can't stand being cold. I try to spend longer in my craft room on colder days as it is upstairs and always feels warmer!
ReplyDeleteMy bedroom gets loads of heat through the window on a sunny day and is a lovely place to sit and knit or sew.
Delete