Monday, 17 January 2022

Cheap and tasty

 I thoroughly enjoyed being back at work this morning.  I didn't appreciate sitting on the freezing cold station to come home.  I missed the noon train and the 1pm was cancelled so I sat there for an hour and a half. Thankfully I had a magazine with me so although I was cold at least I had something to read. I'm working again tomorrow and Thursday so it's a nice little bonus for the pension pot.  Tea tonight was so simple and tasty. Ox liver casserole with home made oven chips, and very tasty it was too. It only took thirty minutes from start to finish. Liver is such a cheap nutritious meal and we prefer to eat ox liver when it's available. 

Swede, carrots, onions, peas.


10 comments:

  1. You lost me at liver, but the chips sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've seen liver for sale for ages. I'm not sure I could get the men to even consider it. But it does look tasty, and it's so nutritious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both enjoy liver and it's so quick and easy to cook.

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear you've enjoyed going back to work, except for the train delays. Your evening meal looks quite delicious & although I find liver a bit too rich, we do have it once in a while. Stay warm, take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've reduced the amount of liver we eat at a sitting. We can be a bit greedy sometimes.

      Delete
  4. Good to hear you enjoyed being back at work today Cherie. They mentioned on our local TV news tonight that trains schedules are being cut due to staff shortages. Have you got some roller boots??? My next door neighbour cooks liver every Tuesday. Although I don't eat it myself, it does smell delicious. All the local cats seems to agree too. There they all sit... on the wall... licking their lips! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might eat loads of Jerusalem artichokes and buy a kite. :-)

      Delete
  5. Can't ask for more than cheap and tasty, can you. It looks good. xx

    ReplyDelete