Sunday, 16 January 2022

A cracking night out

 We had great fun at the ceilidh last night and pretty much danced every dance.  My friend Marian always comes with us and last night we took her DIL's uncle.  Chris is visiting the UK from New Zealand and had never been to a ceilidh before. He was good fun and more than happy to get up and dance.  I'd promoted it on our local neighborhood page so we had four new people along too. Everyone had a real good laugh as the caller mucked up all the routines and no one stood a hope in hell of getting the dance right. It made for a real fun evening and we can hardly wait until the next one.  Tony took Chris back to where he was staying and Marian surprised Tony with a bottle of Port this morning. She reckons he went above and beyond the call of friendship...:-) He's a happy bunny today but is doing the dry January so the port has gone into the drinks cupboard... we aren't posh enough for a drinks cabinet.

I've picked a load of gorgeous fresh veg from my garden today. 

Veg for tea

Salad boxes for the next few days.



7 comments:

  1. Sounds like great fun. We have a drinks cabinet. I have a load of batteries and medicine in it at the moment. Drink comes in and is drunk here.
    Those salad boxes look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours lingers for years. We should be on a buying ban until it's all gone. :-)

      Delete
  2. What's better than a night out but meeting new friends and all enjoying themselves. I feel like I've enjoyed it vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice to hear. It was so much fun. x

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you had a lovely time and how nice for Tony's kindness to be rewarded with a bottle of port.
    We've got one of those 1970s Globe bars (from a charity shop, naturally) - I feel a bit like a Bond Girl when I wheel it out! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would love one of those globes, they look so beautiful and functional.

      Delete
  4. Glad you had a lovely night! They sound so much fun. The veggies look great. Nice bounty

    ReplyDelete