Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Wednesday, 17 December 2014

Silver leaves

Well not really silver but they look pretty darn good.  Last night was the Woodcarving club's Christmas get together  (and a cracking time was had by all). A fellow carver had mentioned to me some time ago that she had been twiddling about with the foil cases from apple pies and had made a passsably good silver leaf.  A little bit of  practice soon turned the passably good leaf into a really nice leaf.  Well last night she showed me how she made it and handed me a pile of foil cases that she had kept for me.  All evening people brought me the foil case from their own mince pie.  'I understand you are saving these'  was the phrase I heard all evening.   Ermmm!!!!!!! no, was my thought but I smiled sweetly and accepted them with a  'Oh yes, I have a project in mind'. By the time we got home I really did have a project in mind.  I am planning to cover a really twiggy branch with the leaves just to see how it turns out.  This is not an immediate project as I have a gazillion other things to do but it is on the 'back burner'  as an ongoing thing. 'Oh and no, I don't want anyone to save foil pie cases for me  I was chuffed to bits that Pam saved some for me as that will get me started making leaves but I really can manage to collect enough now. My craft room is quickly disappearing under a mountain of 'junk' that well meaning people keep for me.  If anyone fancies trying their hand at woodcarving, we meet at the Conniscliffe Primary School in Darlington every Tuesday night during term time..  We are closed now until 6th January but you can have a good look at our shiny new website...........  Conniscliffe Carving Club

2 comments:

  1. my gran had a phase of making foil case flowers many years ago she used to put them into her xmas greenery ...very much the make do and mend generation

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good excuse for eating mince pies lol ;-)

    ReplyDelete