Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Tuesday, 28 October 2014

Tumbled glass experiment

The other day Tony came upon our long forgotten rock tumbler..  It has only ever been used once and then put up in the loft soooooooooooo.......... I smashed a small beer bottle (a bit too harshly) and set it going in the rock tumbler.  Now this is not for those with sensitive hearing as it makes an awful noise and needs to run constantly for several days.  I put it in the conservatory and closed the door and could still hear it.  Better to put it in the garage if you can find the space  :-).  Anyway, to cut a long story short I also addded a couple of bits of seaglass from my collection and was amazed when I rinsed them today to find that the seaglass looks like opal. The edges on the broken bottle are all smooth and lovely to touch.   Anyway I have just set the tumbler going again but this time I have filled it with some of my seaglass collection to see how it looks when it is polished a little.

I won't post pictures yet of the opal glass but will let you know when I rinse it in a couple of days how it looks.




1 comment:

  1. Interesting...................I wait with baited breath to see what happens!

    ReplyDelete