Wednesday, 2 September 2026

Isn't chard beautiful

 Although in all honesty it doesn't have a huge amount of flavour, chard is one of my favourite veg to grow.  The stalks are so vibrant and beautiful. They keep their colour when cooked too.  Tossed into a mixed salad and stirred through with a dash of mayonnaise they add so much crunch and colour. Here's what I've just picked this morning. Before going to my carving club last night I picked a nice mixed bag of vegetables for my friend Jim. It's lovely having enough to share with people that appreciate good vegetables. 




4 comments:

  1. Yes! Sharing your home grown produce is such a joy! The chard and all those veggies look great. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My harvesting will slow down now as autumn arrives.

      Delete
    2. Good that you take such good pictures of your produce. You should frame the photos and sell them for wall art for kitchens! I mean it, just look at that colorful photo above! That is art.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Kay. I'm flattered that you think they're good enough. X

      Delete