Thursday, 10 September 2026

Food bargains and my garden update

 If you have a Farmfoods shop near you it's worth a visit.  The beans are three for a pound. little chickens are 1.99 and the butter is 99p. We've bought three each of  borlotti, cannelini, butter beans, chick peas, red kidney beans and black beans. Food is likely to become very expensive and if you can afford to stock up you'd be wise to do so. Don't buy the chickens with the green writing as they're smaller. They put those in the first freezer at our Farmfoods.  The ones we buy are in the third freezer along. We also bought a punnet of huge nectarines for 99p. 





And I've been busy moving things around in the garden.  I took the yellow GreenStalk out of the porch, mixed up the colours and placed one each side of the new arch. I'm really pleased with how it looks. 





6 comments:

  1. You should be pleased! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks lovely . . . I know that you are just like me and already thinking about what you'll do next Spring, LOL. That's what us gardeners do, it's in our blood :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the lovely plant and seed catalogues are starting to arrive.

      Delete
  3. The garden looks really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I can see that autumn is slowly creeping in now.

      Delete