We've got some friends coming over for tea this afternoon so today I will be busy titivating the house. I've made a huge rice pudding and a mixed fruit crumble for dessert. I had four pints of milk that needed using up and we're drowning in apples and pears. Brenda is vegetarian so I've made a lovely cheese and vegetable bake which I'll cover with cheesy breadcrumbs before finishing it off in the oven. I'll roast a couple of small chickens and make a big plate of savoury potato wedges. There's so many different tomatoes to use up so I'll prepare a tomato, basil and Swiss chard salad and toss a few star shaped cucumber slices on top. It's the last of the cucumbers that was growing in one of my shaper moulds and it really is fun watching them grow to fill the mould. Certainly a talking point. I love cooking for Brian and Brenda as they are always so appreciative. They're great fun too and we always have a great time catching up.
No comments:
Post a Comment