Wednesday, 29 July 2026

Thrilled to bits

 Tony's been for a drive out to Grosmont with his friend today.  I was absolutely delighted when he got home as he's bought tickets to ride Tornado from Pickering on my birthday next week.  He checked to make sure that it would be running under steam as we'd read that it wouldn't be due to the potential fire risk. I adore steam trains and fully intend to incorporate quite a few rides on them. Blow the expense. 



I had a nasty fall the other day while out in Whitby with friends. My hand is badly bruised and my knee has an impressive looking graze. Tony and my friends are insisting that I use my walking poles from now on. To be honest I'm not sure they would have prevented me falling but I'll give them a try. My dodgy leg has a nasty habit of collapsing under me if for even a minute I forget to lock my knee. There's absolutely nothing anyone can do about it as it's the result of the nerve damage I suffered when I had my hip replacement. The surgeon said it's unlikely to ever fully recover and I must remember to always lock my knee. Occasionally I forget and take a tumble. I'm at the age where a fracture wouldn't be very helpful.... not that a fracture at any age is very nice.

 

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely birthday present. I'm sorry you had the fall and hope your hand and knee heal quickly. I'm quite worried about falling nowadays - husband couldn't lift me and I doubt I'd be able to get myself up, and I'd be so worried about breaking a bone. My hips, left knee and shoulder are bad enough as it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sooze. This getting older malarkey can definitely be quite scary.

      Delete
  2. Sending hugs. Falls are scary things and I firmly believe in the superstition that your soul is shaken loose by a fall and needs time to recover. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That explains why I've felt this way.

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear that, Cherie. Falls can be unnerving at the best of times. Sending you lots of love and best wishes for a swift recovery. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules. My knee is still badly grazed and sore but I'll survive. 😃

      Delete