Tony and I spent a lovely night away for our wedding anniversary. The hotel was a bit basic but clean and comfortable with a lovely sea view. We thoroughly enjoyed the Thai meal at The Lemongrass and will definitely go there again.
I've just booked a couple of days in Blackpool to celebrate my upcoming birthday. We'd originally intended to spend the night in Pickering where we'd hoped to book a ride on the steamtrain Tornado. We were treated to a drive past yesterday as it heads to Grosmont.
Unfortunately due to the extreme fire risk it would cause because of the heatwave it would actually be pulled along by electric diesel locomotive. That isn't what we'd wanted so I'll book a trip once the danger of setting fire to the moors is no longer cause for concern. Tony and I intend to book a couple of days away each month and hope to visit many bits of Britain. It's a very long time since we visited Blackpool and we're planning to nip over to Lytham St Anne's allotments open day. I'll take plenty of photos in Blackpool and hopefully we'll catch a nice sunset.


No comments:
Post a Comment