Wednesday, 8 July 2026

How much????

 A couple of weeks ago I ordered some pond snails from Amazon.  The picture showed large healthy snails. What I actually received were barely bigger than a pin head. I couldn't see them in the pond and assume they've been eaten by the frogs and newts. On Monday Tony and I popped to the local garden centre where I bought large Rams horn snails. That means I've spent close on £40 on snails in a few weeks.  I know, I'm clearly crackers. 

Yesterday I spent the day hauling the furniture around the bedroom.  I've filled four charity bags with clothing and discovered tops I didn't even know I had. There's no point in kidding myself that I'll ever be a size ten again so it was at long last easy to let go of stuff. 

Here's the garden today if you are interested 



12 comments:

  1. Hi Cherie.. we did the same and bought baby snails for our pond and they promptly disappeared. When i went to our local garden center i asked if they had any water snails, he laughed and said "no we don't sell snacks for fish" haha he is exactly right. we haven't bothered since then as our fish are savage and will eat anything and i don't fancy popping in little snails knowing they are just going to be devoured, the poor things.
    ftm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you believe that they haven't all been eaten. I've watched them cruising around the pond plants today. They are ten times bigger than when I put them in two weeks ago.

      Delete
    2. Hi Cherie, i am so happy that your snails are still alive and kicking. I am going to wait a while before i try again. Hopefully they get bigger and have babies
      Ftm

      Delete
  2. Can you say more about the creation for pond snails? I'm ignorant about such things. I enjoy your garden videos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pond snails eat all the algae off the sides of the pond. They stop the build up of the nasty green slime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of money for snails but hopefully these ones will survive for a while!
    The garden is looking really lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I must be mad to pay that much.

      Delete
  5. What a lovely garden! I have never heard of pixie cabbages but I think I am in love. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. The garden is looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nature has a way of surprising us and is not always defeated at the first hurdle or in this case, some hungry frogs and newts. I am really pleased that your pond snails are growing and enjoying your pond.

    ReplyDelete