Friday, 3 July 2026

A lovely surprise

 This morning I received a letter from HMRC saying that they owed me £47 as I'd paid too much tax. I've just claimed it back and it should be in my account in about a week.  Well it's our 21st wedding anniversary later this month so it'll go towards a really nice meal. We'll be staying in Torquay for a long weekend so if anyone knows of any nice Thai restaurants in the area I'd be glad of the details.

We've made a start changing things around in the front garden and this is how our drive looks right now. Big changes are planned for later in the year. 


And it's Friday so I have to wear a dress. 😃 



5 comments:

  1. Always nice to get money back. I don't know about Thai restaurants in Torquay, but I can say that the harbour looks lovely in the evenings when all the boats are lit up. You look lovely in that dress, I don't even own one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sooze. I'm determined to wear a dress as often as possible on a Friday. I have so few reasons to dress up these days

      Delete
  2. Looking lovely, Cherie. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking lovely!
    It's always good to get some unexpected money!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Money back from the taxman is always a nice surprise. Shame it doesn't happen that often!
    We've not been to Torquay in years so can't help there I'm afraid.
    Looking lovely in your dress. I like the style and it looks good on you.

    ReplyDelete