Tony and I have spent the weekend in Buxton where we've wandered around beautiful gardens and met amazing people. I think I'm in love with Buxton, there's just so much to see and do here. If I didn't have to get home to water all my plants I would gladly book a few more days here and take in a couple of shows..
While wandering around looking at gardens a lovely gentleman stopped to talk to us and though he hadn't opened his garden this year he invited us to take a look at his garden. He gave us a guided tour. This is a photo of his driveway at the side of the house.





How absolutely lovely - I'm glad you had such a wonderful time. xx
ReplyDeleteThanks Joy. It's one of the few places that I was sad to leave.
DeleteSo lovely! Stay cool, I have read on the news how hot it is for you. Take care!
ReplyDeleteThanks Kay. It's certainly hotter than I can cope with.
DeleteBuxton is a fabulous town, there's so much to see and do and we are very lucky as live about 15 miles away, so visit quite often. If you go again, Chatsworth is a lovely place to visit, and there's a fabulous garden centre on the way there. Stay cool. Xx
ReplyDeleteIf ever we win the lottery I'll move to Buxton. It's blown me away at how beautiful it is.
DeleteLooks like you had a great time!
ReplyDeletePoor crow. When the birds get hot here they do this funny thing where they stretch out, wings wide and look quite silly!
That's exactly what this poor thing was doing.
DeleteWe will be heading up to the Peak District for a few days very soon and I think Buxton might be one of the places we will be visiting. It sounds like you had a really lovely time there.
ReplyDeleteBuxton is absolutely gorgeous. I'd happily upsticks and live there. It's very hilly and I'd be fit as a flee in no time.
DeleteBooking a few days sounds wonderful and I'd love to eat outside of that little place. So cute.
ReplyDelete