Well the wind has held off until now so I was able to go and enjoy playing whist with our group. My friend Marian won first prize and chose an Easter egg... which she immediately gave to me for Tony. He's now a happy bunny .
Tea tonight was pan fried trout with fresh picked salad and sauerkraut. I nipped out to the veggie plot as soon as I got back from whist and picked a selection of brassica leaves and florets. The purple sprouting broccoli is gorgeous right now. They are so sweet and crunchy and a great addition to a salad. Not to mention being so nutritious.
Now the wind is really picking up though so I'm expecting to hear about a lot of damage when we watch the news tonight. I do hope you all stay safe and aren't affected by the storm. Batten down those hatches and stay indoors.
Looks delicious. Stay safe.
ReplyDeletewww.rsrue.blogspot.com
Thank you. x
DeleteI didn't realise that the broccoli would be fresh now. It sounds amazing. Hope that you are staying safe.
ReplyDeleteThe purple sprouting Broccoli is just coming into its own and is gorgeous raw. I have a load to pick for Sundays dinner.
DeleteSounds delish. The storm from the little I've seen, looks horrendous down south. It is 7.15am here, so that means about 8.15pm for you at this moment so hopefully you won't have as much damage. I may send out a group email to all my English family & friends to make sure you are all OK. Take care, stay safe & hugs.
ReplyDeleteThanks Susan. It's not been nearly as bad as we'd been told to expect. We've seen far far worse storms.
DeleteI would absolutely love an Easter Egg lol. I looked on Amazon and they are charging about 20 pound for a small one. Yikes. I might have to check out an online British Import shop and see. Sometimes Mum would pick me up one at Easter and save it for me until I came over to visit. I really am missing her lately. I wonder if it will get better. Sigh
ReplyDeleteIf postage costs weren't so ridiculous I'd send you one. xxx
DeleteI'm glad you don't seem to have got it too badly.
ReplyDeletexx
Thanks Joy. It's really not been too bad where we live.
DeleteLike you the storm didn't hit as badly as predicted and for that I am thankful. What a delight to be able to harvest from the garden at this time of year.
ReplyDelete