Monday, 14 February 2022

Things you don't know about me

 I was reading Lulu's post the other day ..  Long Mizzle Garden     and it got me thinking that we all have skills and talents that you wouldn't even know we have.  But first go and have a look at Lulu's blog. She's a delight and every single one of her posts makes me smile and brightens my day.

So down to things you might not know about me.  I can take a computer apart and rebuild it... I learned to do that at night school where I met Tony all those years ago. I'm a wood turner and used to have my own lathe till we gave it to Tony's friend's son.  I'm also a fairly accomplished wood carver and won Reserve Champion at Stokesley show a few years ago. I'm not a carpenter by any stretch of the imagination but I've made quite a few pieces of furniture that we have in our home... did that at night school too a very long time before I met Tony.   I could get by in Spanish if I really put my mind to it and my friend down in Kent and I used to practice speaking Spanish after night school about twenty five years ago... We met online on a cross stitching website and have been friends ever since.  We share so many interests and hobbies that we always have something to talk about.  I can turn my hand to a great many crafts and always want to learn more... I'll die with a book in my hand or the internet open on my laptop..  Now I'd love to see a post on your blog that tells us a bit about the sorts of things you can do.  Maybe you are an  expert sugar artist or maybe you can paint or draw. Please leave a hint on the comments and other people can come and take  a look.

And cos we all like a photo to look at I took himself breakfast in bed..  I made strawberry and blueberry pancake stacks with whipped cream... Totally keto friendly as I used coconut flour and I'm chuffed to bits to say that at long last I've nailed the texture. Coconut flour always feels very dry and crumbly in my mouth but the addition of Psyllium husk and some xantham gum has made a world of difference.



14 comments:

  1. Those are some incredibly impressive skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, you are one clever woman!!!!! No hope for me now I'm afraid. Cooking breakfast has never really been on my agenda, as with a shift worker hubby, 3 kids to get off to school in the past & working full time myself, it just didn't happen & although retired now, it is just porridge/cereal, toast & cup of tea. Maybe, I'm just lazy. I loved hearing about your achievements, take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely cook breakfast in bed for Tony as he's still working all week and would rather a sleep in at the weekend.

      Delete
  3. Nice post! I loved learning all those things about you. Not sure there is anything that exciting about me. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you are clever. I thought I did well speaking Japanese. I can write it sort of. And I love to bake lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. A woman of many talents, Cherie! It doesn't surprise me in the slightest, you (and Lulu) seem to turn your hand to just about everything.
    I'm a master patissier & a trained chef (I have the professional qualifications to prove it), a Latin scholar and can spot good stuff in a charity shop from 1000 yards away. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I bet you can rustle up some darn good meals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cherie my kids go to an international school. Yes willow attends kindergarten she speaks better than me. As do Connor and jack

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Cherie, I've had a hot tip off that this is the place to come. I would like to order the following hand made Cherie commission please -

    I'm after a wooden carved, computerised seahorse, with laser beam eyes, that cast a spotlight on anyone trying to enter the front gate. Once it has thoroughly interrogated them IN SPANISH, I would like it to open the gate and produce a delicious blueberry and cream pancake.

    If you could sort all that out for me by next weekend, that would be fab. Thanks x
    (p.s. thank you for the shout out)

    ReplyDelete