Saturday, 12 February 2022

Start of the hedge

Well now that the hedge is all planted it will be interesting to see how long it is before the buds break and it starts the long process of becoming a beautiful thick hedge.At the moment this is what it looks like



The bare twigs are smothered in tiny buds so it shouldn't be too long before it starts to show some colour. I remember how excited I was when I planted the first golden privet a couple of years back. It did have yellow and green  variegated leaves on but was smaller than the ones that Tony just planted. We planted that one on the 9th of November in 2019 so we had to wait all through the winter before we saw signs of any real growth. We're having a lazy day today as it's forecast some nasty levels of rain and at the moment it's blowing a hoolie. Not a nice day to be outdoors.
 

10 comments:

  1. It's exciting when things start to grow, isn't it. We've got loads of new plant growth starting to push up through the ground in the front garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be lovely in a couple of weeks as the greenery all starts to pop out.

      Delete
  2. I've decided we need more spireas this spring and want again to get get some peonies and current bushes going. It tak s patience to wait to see the growth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spirea are really pretty shrubs aren't they.

      Delete
  3. It looks like you have some healthy plants there (not that I could tell!). Definitely and indoor day here as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a really good size and have great roots.

      Delete
  4. It will look really good. Those buds are so promising.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The growth does look promising & hope it progresses well. Mostly an indoor day here too, as it is supposed to top at 33deg in our area, but luckily the wind seems to have dropped after the last few days. I'm frightened of wind & high temperatures due to fire danger in summer.
    Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete