Thursday, 3 February 2022

Scrummy tea

 I've had a really busy day so far and I'm absolutely bushed. After my morning walk and Rumikub session  I cooked the most delicious creamy peppercorn pork casserole for tea. I'm trying to use up all the contents of the small freezer so I can switch it off for a few months.  Hardly seems worth running two when  we have Tesco, Lidle, Aldi, Morrisons and M and S food stores less than fifteen minutes drive away. I was going to get rid of the smaller one but Tony reckons it might come in handy for freezing loads of fruit and veg this summer.  I give an awful lot away that we could put to good use.

Before I added the cream 

I'm off to update my gardening blog as I've spent a very hard working couple of hours out there and it needs a separate post all of its own.


10 comments:

  1. Looks lovely, I'm going to do pork loin chops in a cider & cream sauce for Sunday. I reckon Tony's right about your spare freezer, it'll come in very handy when your garden is producing so much come summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feeling satisfaction with a well made delicious meal is a simple pleasure in life. I also thinking pulling summer produce out for use in the winter is a a simple pleasure so I see Tony's point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our spare freezer always comes in handy leading up to christmas too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours probably will too. It'll be very handy and I don't know what I was thinking of getting rid of it for.

      Delete
  4. Meal looks good after a busy day in the garden. Sometimes an extra freezer comes in handy for garden gluts, so if you have the room, hanging onto it maybe a good idea. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It tasted lovely and went down a storm with Tony.

      Delete
  5. It looks absolutely delicious - lovely.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds delicious, and I guess Tony would be right. You grow so much good stuff, and you can always stash bargain finds as well.

    ReplyDelete