I want to give a shout out for Ashridge Nurseries. I'm chuffed to bits to be able to report that my new golden privet has arrived. They are bare root shrubs and currently sitting in buckets of water in the conservatory where they'll stay until tomorrow. I'm hoping that Tony will plant them while I'm at whist as there's really nothing to it. They were really well packaged and the roots were all nice and damp. The plants are a really good size too so should be starting to give us some privacy by next year although this year we will have to put up with the lack of privacy.
 |
| No that is not our resident ghost |
 |
| Aren't they lovely (use your imagination):-) |
Before we know it these bare twigs will be a beautiful golden variegated privet and the garden will look like it's bathed in sunshine even in the middle of winter. If you look through the window you can see the golden privet that I planted just over two years ago. It's really starting to thicken up now and I have high hopes for it this year.
How exciting, Cherie, they look good strong well developed plants.
ReplyDeleteI was delighted when I unwrapped them.
DeleteThey will also provide valuable shelter for the little birds. Ours use the shrubs to hide in and then dart out to the feeder before taking cover again. Arilx
ReplyDeleteWe're hoping that they choose to nest in it as it grows thicker and stronger.
DeleteGolden privet is beautiful, really striking and can light up a corner. I hope that we get to see some pics later.
ReplyDeleteI do want to log its progress over the years
DeleteGreat to get good service & although I like privet, it is too rampant here in Oz & I think was once classed as a noxious weed. I do like your Leycestra on the last post but didn't realise you could eat the berries. I actually thought they were poisonous. Happy planting, take care & hugs.
ReplyDeleteI enjoy the process of trimming a hedge and hope to cultivate a beautiful one as the years pass.
DeleteThey look really good plants, love the golden colour.
ReplyDelete