Tony and I have been for tea at our friends Brenda and Brian's. It's one of the very rare occasions that I wear a dress and it was lovely to get all dressed up and go out. But having tried on a selection of my dresses I realised that I'm a little more chunky than I'd like to be... Just picture a sausage trying to get back into its skin... no don't... :-) Thankfully I have a couple of figure skimming 'kind to me' dresses that hide a multitude of lumps and bumps. It's not like I'm majorly overweight at 10st 1oz but all the lard is across my hips. I look like Betty Boop... all bum and boobs. :-)
You're too hard on yourself! I am sure that you looked wonderful.
ReplyDeleteIt's a very forgiving dress :-)
DeleteDon’t be so hard on yourself I’m 5 and a half months pregnant imagine how I feel. My feet have swelled up!! But I take it in my stride Japanese maternity fashion is Very forgiving!! I just cut out rice and pasta and my veggie diet is fine. Love and hugs
ReplyDeleteRice is my downfall. I'd happily eat a bowl of plain boiled Basmati rice and nothing else. That's why I struggle.
DeleteNothing wrong with Betty Boop-style bum and boobs....I'm sure it's the sort of figure that most men (and women come to that) appreciate. Better to have a real womanly figure than to be like a stick insect, in my opinion.
ReplyDeleteWe're rarely content with our body shape are we?
DeleteI totally sympathise. While the weight is a work in progress, I have given up on any idea of actually improving my shape. And we won't even mention all the loose skin that I am now stuck with! ;-)
ReplyDeletexx
I laugh at myself now cos I never ever thought I'd see the day that I'd need to diet.
DeleteI am sure its not as bad as you think. You are so right we are rarely content with our body shape.
ReplyDeleteMy mirror tells me it's every bit as bad as I think :-(
DeleteMany, many, many moons ago, my measurements were 38-24-36!
ReplyDeleteI was also known for being chatty and spending most of every day laughing. I'm still chatty and laugh a lot, but the figure is now more something which should be well covered up.
In those days, my nickname was 'Tits and Teeth'!
My mum was a Betty Boop type, she even had kiss curls that developed as the day wore on!
I think women should look like women, I'd hate to be straight up and down! X
Chatty has nothing on me. I can talk a glass eye to sleep :-)
DeleteI bet you look stunning. Besides, people will be paying more attention to the contents than the container.
ReplyDeleteBless you, stunning isn't how I'd ever describe me but thank you anyway.x
DeleteCome on Cherie.........none of us are content with our body shapes & being told as a child I had thunder thighs, a big bum & sometimes overweight, I very much struggled with my image. The heaviest I've ever been was 9 1/2 stone with bub no.2. I'm a strange shape these days with being only 148cm now that I've shrunk & have never really had much in the way of boobs. My reddish hair didn't help with my image either, as we used to get teased in them old days, but I actually quite liked the colour even though it's dead straight. Anyway, just enjoy that you can go out again & look forward to the coming Spring/Summer season. Take care & hugs.
ReplyDeleteI was always a flat chested stick insect so being chunky has come as a shock to my system... my own fault entirely. :-)
Delete