Well thankfully we weren't too badly affected by either storm that blew over these past few days. It's all died down now though still very cold. It's nice to see that the garden is starting to wake up and we have flowers popping up all over the place. The very next time the sun shines I'll pop out and take a few photo's of the various bulbs and flowering plants. Our newly planted hedge bare twigs haven't been ripped out of the ground and I've just stuck my head out of the door and taken a photo of how it looks now so that I can track its progress. The hedge is growing along the gap between my neighbour and us and no that is not a hot tub, it's our garden table covered up for the winter. Our neighbours garden is about two feet higher than ours so the hedge is going to look much taller for us than them when it eventually grows.
In the top left hand corner behind the fence panel you can see the bottom of the huge scary conifer. That's just the bottom few branches so just imagine how tall the darn thing is. It bends alarmingly every time we get high winds and we're all terrified that it's going to come down one of these days.
Welcome to our world! We've got three one hundred foot trees in our garden and we absolutely loathe storms, we could hardly breath yesterday!
ReplyDeleteYour garden looks fab! xxx
I'd be terrified too but oh those leaves for leaf mould :-)
DeleteGlad it wasn't too bad & the garden seems to have survived OK. That tree would be a worry & one day I'll tell you my story of a 'naughty' tree when I was a child. I'm looking forward to seeing your garden as it heads into the warmer months. Take care & hugs.
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to sharing it Susan. Maybe one day you can sit in it and have a cuppa and slice of cake... Best china of course :-)
DeleteI love your garden. It looks like a great space. We have several large trees at the bottom of our garden. I hold my breath every time there is a strong wind. Thankfully they have all been okay. I hate to get rid of them as they give us privacy from the neighbours lol
ReplyDeleteI love the garden too and spend many hours at there when the weather allows. I enjoy growing the food that I put on our table too. I get a thrill every single time we we eat our own hone grown veg. The huge hedge separating us from the church gives us a lot of privacy and I'd hate to lose it though was glad when the priest arrange to have it trimmed the other year as it was getting ridiculous.
DeleteHi my mum said you were on the edge of the storms. I have heard some terrible stories but I am glad to hear you are all safe and well
ReplyDeleteThanks Allie Jane. It looks every bit as windy out today and there's no storm warning.
DeleteHopefully that tree is flexible enough to bend with the wind rather than breaking or uprooting. It's the inflexible trees I worry about.
ReplyDeletexx
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's only the top of the tree that looks alarming. We've worried about it for years and nothing has happened yet so hopefully it's safe.
DeleteGood to hear there was no damage Cherie. You could still advertise the covered table as a hot tub, were you to AirBnB your place off for the summer. Also, until the hedge grows, you have some additional decking to claim there ;) x
ReplyDeleteI'll bear that in mind :-)
DeleteThat conifer looks scary. Do you know the type and if it is likely to crack. Sometimes the ones that bend are less likely to break.
ReplyDelete