Saturday, 22 January 2022

We're having a lazy day

 Himself got the spare room last night and it was lovely not having to decamp in the middle of the night. He'd actually woken himself up snoring but I wasn't asleep  I was reading so not disturbed.  I had to smile when he said 'would you like me to sleep in the spare room'. He got the shock of his life when I said yes.  It's usually me that moves from our snuggly warm bed.  Today had been earmarked for a good house cleaning session but other than the spare room there wasn't much to do  so I've spent all afternoon reading my book out in the conservatory. I've just moved into the sitting room where it's considerably warmer. We're snuggled under our fleece blankets and the fire is roaring away. It'll soon  be too warm for me  and I'll have to open the door to let all the heat seep upstairs. 


Have you noticed how much lighter the afternoons are getting?  It was gone 4.30 yesterday before the light started to fade. Spring will be here before we know it even though I know that winter will cling on for a few more weeks still.

11 comments:

  1. I've thought that about the longer days. It's lighter earlier in the morning too. Lovely!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still on the darker side of dawn when I go for my morning walk or catch the early train but it's certainly starting to get lighter by just after 7.30

      Delete
  2. I was just thinking how much lighter it will be now that it's a month past solstice. So much nicer getting the dog walked not wearing my head lamp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be a little while before the mornings are significantly lighter but I am already starting to see a small change.

      Delete
  3. And ours are getting shorter, though not any cooler with 33/4 expected today here. Need to get most things done this morning before the heat sets in. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Susan, poor you. I couldn't cope in that kind of heat.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely spot to enjoy a lazy day and that fire looks so inviting. A good book and a cup of tea, wrapped up in a blanket, lovely! I do remember all the extra days of play during those long days of summer. We don’t get them quite as long here, but I always look forward to a little extra light-time. Enjoy the rest of your weekend Cherie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise. We're having friends over for lunch today and then and afternoon of Rumikub.

      Delete
  5. Yes, I noticed tonight, and this morning I thought it was light earlier. Thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like the perfect way to spend the afternoon!
    I have a snorer too. I usually end up on the sofa if things get too bad. I feel bad if I wake him too much as he has to get up for work in the morning.

    I can't wait until Spring. It's a long way away for us. We have the worst winter months to get through still.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The birds are singing more too. Arilx

    ReplyDelete