All winter long I've carefully nurtured a few pepper plants just to see if they would survive. I'm treating them like houseplants and babying them a bit. They've been really healthy and loaded with small long peppers and they are just starting to turn red... Or should I say they were.. Tony brushed past and knocked a branch off the poor thing. I guess we''l be having a couple of half ripe peppers in our stir fry this evening.
| Long red Marconi variety |
Thankfully there's plenty more to come and it's been a fun experiment to see whether I can grow peppers through the winter.
Just done my lateral flow and still flipping positive though I don't feel too bad today. I'm wondering where on earth I could have picked it up as I am really careful.. It just goes to show though how very easy it is to become infected and I am so pleased that I am jabbed. I have no sympathy whatsoever for anyone who chooses not to have the vaccine. It's a different matter if you can't, but to choose not to baffles me. Why on earth would you want to risk not just becoming infected yourself but potentially infecting other people. I'd charge you for your medical care if you should happen to become infected.
I'm really glad to read that you don't feel so bad today. Long may that last!
ReplyDeletexx
Thanks Joy. I may have spoke to soon. I'm absolutely freezing and that is so unlike me.
DeletePoor chilli plant. You must be more careful Tony. Hope you are going to be OK & I also can't believe why people wouldn't get jabbed & be a lot safer & not pass it along. I know we are not immune, but I'll do what I feel is helping others too. We are triple vaxed. Take care & hugs.
ReplyDeleteMornin' Susan. Those peppers are going to be a nice addition to our stir fry even if I would have preferred them to get a bit bigger and redder.
DeleteI hope you get rid of the Covid soon. I remember that at the start of the pandemic they talked about how long the virus could survive on surfaces. It's not mentioned so much these days, but you may have literally picked it up by picking something up. I'm in awe of your peppers. I'm not brilliant with houseplants and DH has just confessed to killing a spider plant!
ReplyDeleteOddly enough I just anti bac'd my door handle in case anyone should touch it. I'm trying to be responsible for the health and safety of anyone that comes onto our property.
DeleteGood that you are on the mend! I totally agree with you...I just don't understand their reasoning. One chap told me it is a question of freedom of choice, a right to say no. I just don't see it as a valid reason when it involves putting other people's health at risk. Take care. Amanda x
ReplyDeleteMe neither. Everyone does have the right to say no but that doesn't mean they should choose that option just to prove a point.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're feeling better. I don't understand it at all. There are stories here all the time when some outspoken anti-vaccination person gets Covid and dies. I honestly can't say I feel sorry for them at all. I think of it this way - it's not just about me, it's about everyone around me. I don't want to be responsible for someone getting sick. If all the people get the vaccination that can it also helps out those who can't get it due to medical reasons.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree Sharon. In my opinion there's no sensible reason not to have the vaccine other than medical grounds. And even then I am sure a number of people are inventing their own medical grounds.
Delete