Saturday, 15 January 2022

The Ceilidh

Tonight we are off to a ceilidh. It's a permitted spend as it's only some of the money that was refunded for the New Year one that was cancelled.  We have enough left in that kitty for two others after this one as those tickets were £15 each and tonight's ceilidh will only cost £5 each. There's no other cost involved as it's a take your own drink occasion. We are taking some dilute fruit squash as Tony never drinks and drives and I usually drink sparkling spring water at the ceilidhs... I don't have any in and it's not a necessary spend so we are on the tapenade tonight. Tea and coffee is included in the entry fee so Tony will be having a cuppa or two. We popped down into town so that I could renew my Esk Valley season ticket.  It cuts my train fair by one third and pays for itself in a week when I have loads of exams. While in town I bought myself a new diary as the one my friend gave me isn't a week to view one. I've discovered  what a nuisance it is having to flick through all the pages for the next few days before I can book anything. A week to view is easier and I leave it next to the phone so that we can write down upcoming work or appointments. It's probably not really an essential spend though it will certainly make life easier for me so I am counting it as such. The only other money we spent was on food and then we came home. I put my savings of £100 in my pension fund account in the bank so that I'm not tempted to dip into it. I'm hoping to save at least £100 each month. It might be more if the Uni run any more exams but I'm not counting on it. The fund w ill come in very handy if fuel prices do indeed rocket. I'm hoping to grow all our own veg again this year and we'll be cutting down on the amount of meat we eat. I intend to buy cheaper cuts too when do have meat. Since discovering the Keto diet and understanding that fat isn't the demon it was once cracked up to be I will be more than happy to eat cheaper fattier cuts and mince but less often.

10 comments:

  1. Your event sounds like so much fun. Dry or not, being out with music and friends in the long month of January should be mandatory. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always look forward to the end of January with a sigh of relief. That's when the seasons start to change for me

      Delete
  2. I hope your bring your own drink party doesn't get the same amount of publicity as a certain one in London!
    have fun. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've been complete idiots haven't they. x

      Delete
  3. Have fun at the Ceilidh. I think fuel prices are going to rise, so putting the money aside sounds like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always been a good saver and feel happiest when I know I can pay for unexpected emergencies.

      Delete
  4. I feel better when I eat meat, too. Good for you for socking away that money! It all adds up over time. Hope you enjoy the outing with Tony. A cup of coffee sounds delicious. I am going to brew a cup of ginger tea...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a fun time tonight! I'm so glad you get to go.

    ReplyDelete