Sunday, 9 January 2022

Thank goodness for my garden

 Well this morning the PCR came back positive so at least I know I do indeed have it and know that I'm not just sitting here for a false positive. Thankfully in the great scheme of things  I haven't been too poorly but goodness knows how ill I might have been if I hadn't had my jabs.. We'll never know will we, but I'm thanking my lucky stars that I have green space to look out onto.  I haven't felt much like crafting and would have been climbing the wall if all I could look at was concrete. If you are poorly and stuck in an apartment/flat then you have my utmost sympathy.

Through my window right now

It's been lovely sitting watching the birds playing amongst the tree and using our bird feeders. We have so many pretty ones visiting regularly. It's such a pity that the fence blew down or we might have have had blue tits in our nesting boxes this year. Hope you are all keeping safe and well. 

13 comments:

  1. Aren't we so lucky to have our gardens, Cherie? My heart goes out to anyone having to isolate in a tiny flat.
    I hope you feel okay and that your quarantine flies by. Like you say, it could have been a lot worse if you'd not been vaccinated! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you know. I hope it starts clearing up soon and that you feel better very quickly. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I think the toughest part has been the fatigue. x

      Delete
  3. Hello Cherie, I was doing a little surfing today and popped into your lovely blog. I am sorry to learn you have this horrible thing, but happy to learn you have had the jabs. We have too. In our part of northern Virginia the hospitals are overwhelmed and many other places around the world I know are in the same boat. Take good care of yourself and feel better soon. I am Denise, formerly lived in South Devon up until 1975, moved around the states quite a bit with my hubby and have finally settled here since his retirement. He is a Virginia boy :) Happy and Healthy New Year to you and all those you love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I'll be doing a bit of blog surfing myself this coming week and I'll have a good luck around yours. Say safe. xx.

      Delete
  4. I hope you feel better soon. I'm glad you have the garden and the entertainment of the birdtable. I can't imagine being completely boxed in. Sending all good vibes. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, gardens can be a saving grace in this tough world around us at the moment. I've said the same thing all along, especially in our long lockdowns as I'd have gone completely nuts in a unit with nothing to look at or even go out in the fresh air. Hope you are negative soon. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan. I've resigned myself to doing the full isolation so that Tony can use the lateral flow tests. His need is greater than mine and I'd hate to think either of us was going to spread the virus on to someone else. I've only six more days and then I can resume my life. x

      Delete
  6. Feel better soon! I'm glad you have a garden to look out in. I think it's the thought of not being able to go out. I'm not sure what would happen if one of us got it - there really isn't anywhere we can isolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really minding the isolating though I would have loved to go to work today. I also will have to miss the ceilidh on Saturday which is a blimmin shame.

      Delete
  7. That's a super nice view to look out on Cherie, whilst having a go at the alcohol cabinet ;) x

    ReplyDelete